Chase Flight?

Everything related to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
WWA3639

Chase Flight?

Post by WWA3639 »

Dumb question: Does MSFS2020 have an external chase flight function? If so, I haven't been able to find it. I checked the downloaded keyboard_util but didn't see anything I recognized as a command for it.

thx in adv

WW3639
Greer T.
WWA3639

Re: Chase Flight?

Post by WWA3639 »

Oops, just discovered the answer to my question, above...on the flight menua at the top, clicking on the camera and going to the external tab offers some quick views to the externals. But, don't look for "chaseview" lol.
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

Thank You for posting the answer. It shows that you did not give up looking for the answer. this is one of the reasons these platform threads were created.

Also, feel free to post any other unique features that you find may have different titles now.
P.S. the only dumb question is the one not asked. well ok, there may be a few exceptions but yous in not one.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
WWA3639

Post by WWA3639 »

Here's another one that took me a while to figure out...F2 DECREASE THRUST if held long enough decreases the thrust and when it reaches zero, the reverse thruster kicks in and you can go backward. That's a bit diff from the old FSX.
wwa3631

Post by wwa3631 »

And be carefull when you have the throttle axis assigned to a physical throttle

If the throttle in that case is not at idle the F2 will not be able to achieve idle trust and engage reversers.
So always check your hardware throttle is at Idle before landing.

Learned this the hard way. :D
Hardware: r3700x, 32Gb ddr4-3200, MSi MPG x570-gaming wifi MB, MSI Gaming X Trio 3080
Software: Win10, Prepar3d V5.1, FS2020,PMDG 737Ngx, QW 787, FS2Crew, PFPX, Avlasoft EFB, Active Sky P3d,VOXAtc

Fred Koch, wwa3631, pilot on Amsterdam Hub
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

In my case, I have the CH Throttle Quadrant. And have assigned a button in line with the throttle axis to decrease thrust. That way I have the throttle at idle and slide my finger down to reverse thrust.

Also backing up with power (AKA Power back maneuver) is only recommended for small Jets or GA aircraft. It is not recommended for regional Jets or airliners as it causes more wear, tear and may damage the engines trying to move the heavier weight with restricted airflow through the engines. Also, you run the risk of kicking up debris in front of the intake and ingesting foreign objects damaging (FOD) the jets.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.