New Reasons for MSFS Freezing

Everything related to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
WWA2244

New Reasons for MSFS Freezing

Post by WWA2244 »

MSFS froze at around FL200 when flying out of KORD. After several tries the same thing happened. Unable to complete a flight. Did a flight out of another airport and there was no problem.

Yesterday, I was flying out of KBUR and had the same freezing problem at FL200. After several tries, same problem.

Searched for a fix online and read several articles that said it was a problem with the mouse. Said to disconnect and reconnect it and to slow the pointer speed. Also, it said MSFS needed a patch to fix the problem. I did the supposed fixes and will try flying out of KBUR today. If the problem continues, I will try flying out of a different airport.

Any comments, insights, advice?
WWA2244

Re: New Reasons for MSFS Freezing

Post by WWA2244 »

I uninstalled flybywire and during the reinstall, it advised a cockpit texture improvement could cause problems. Deleted that, finished the install, and MSFS worked great. I think that some downloads can cause problems when MSFS or the flybywire A320 Neo is updated.
wwa659

Re: New Reasons for MSFS Freezing

Post by wwa659 »

Thanks for that update, X-Plane is my main sim so when I go to fly MSFS 2020 I usually need updates to the sim and other downloaded add-ons.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.