Vatsim New Audio Destroyed My Flying

This forum is for all things simulators. All simulator tips and tricks and everything on how to maintain and tweak will be placed in this forum.
WWA2244

Vatsim New Audio Destroyed My Flying

Post by WWA2244 »

I have Windows 10, FSX and use FSinn. Vatsim's new voice system has failed to work with FSinn no matter what I do. I downloaded vPilot, it is a disaster. Would not work in full screen. Could not switch back and forth as it crashed FSX. When not connected could adjust the size but when connected it went big. I heard that FS9 pilots are getting it even worse. Vatsim will discontinue the FSInn later which means I will no longer be able to fly online. I posted in the Vatsim Forums. Nothing has helped. I am upset. I feel this new voice rollout was a bad thing and that the voice software is just not up to par. It appears Swift is the last thing I can try. I was told it is very hard to sit up. I don't know if it will work with the Vatsim voice addon or not. It appears that Vatsim has made it where only vPilot works without the voice add-on.
Rob Wilkinson

Re: Vatsim New Audio Destroyed My Flying

Post by Rob Wilkinson »

Nice rant...however, as with the other rants by CaptD3601 I am completely confused about what you're trying to accomplish by posting about how mad you are at VATSIM on the WWA forum...seems like there might be a better place for that...... :roll:

I also am using FSX with Win 10 and vPilot works just fine. It seems to me that the only thing in life that is truly constant is change, so change with the times or bail out but ranting doesn't accomplish anything...unless it's to show how stuck in your ways you are...and if that was your intent, good job!

You and CaptD3601 should get together and solve all the world's flight sim related problems as you see them...while you're striving to keep yourselves firmly rooted in the past of course....... ;)
WWA2574 - ATP, CE500/501SP/550, AC21, WW24, B727
Scott D. Williams

Post by Scott D. Williams »

As posted here in a few different areas FS9 works for the time being on Vatsim. Eventually Swift will be something I will be considering also. I am surprised you have not seen the discussions already addressing this that have been posted on our forum.

Also If you sign your post we will know who you are and will be able to address you easier.
Scott D.Williams
WWA1404
Commercial-CFI-Multi-Instrument-real world
Vatsim P3
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

Depending on what version of VPilot you are trying to use, you may need to also download AFV and run alongside VPilot.

FSINN and Squawkbox have been retired with the roll-out of the new audio codex. This has forced me to change in X-Plane as Xsquawkbox is going away also. As Scott has mentioned Swift seems to be a good solution for FS9 users and even works with X-Plane 11.

Also as Scott said please sign your posts so we know who we are trying to help.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
CaptD3601

Post by CaptD3601 »

Rob Wilkinson wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:32 pm Nice rant...however, as with the other rants by CaptD3601 I am completely confused about what you're trying to accomplish by posting about how mad you are at VATSIM on the WWA forum...seems like there might be a better place for that...... :roll:

I also am using FSX with Win 10 and vPilot works just fine. It seems to me that the only thing in life that is truly constant is change, so change with the times or bail out but ranting doesn't accomplish anything...unless it's to show how stuck in your ways you are...and if that was your intent, good job!

You and CaptD3601 should get together and solve all the world's flight sim related problems as you see them...while you're striving to keep yourselves firmly rooted in the past of course....... ;)
Another post with snide remarks. Instead of being a VIRTUAL AIRLINE where pilots could perhaps get assistance, those who encounter problems are mocked. So your flight sim works good and his does not,
How about tiring to help him to get his system to work? And as for me, I just made a point elsewhere about perhaps the managers get together and made a FAQ detailing exactly how to get the new voice codec VATSIM is demanding to be used to function and work with ALL FS Versions.
That would be better than what you just put out.
CaptD3601

Post by CaptD3601 »

Scott D. Williams wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:37 pm As posted here in a few different areas FS9 works for the time being on Vatsim. Eventually Swift will be something I will be considering also. I am surprised you have not seen the discussions already addressing this that have been posted on our forum.

Also If you sign your post we will know who you are and will be able to address you easier.
Scott, perhaps instead of those with problems spending hours swimming through the forum, or online, Maybe those in the know who actually have SWIFT working with FS9, FSX, etc can simply get together, and make a FAQ detailing precisely how to set it all up so it works?

Thanks in advance
Scott D. Williams

I am not aware of anyone using Swift with FS9 at Westwind. If someone is please let us know.
Scott D.Williams
WWA1404
Vatsim P3
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

Scott D. Williams wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:03 pm I am not aware of anyone using Swift with FS9 at Westwind. If someone is please let us know.
I am

I am trying to develop a guide, right now swift with FS9 is still experimental and in alpha state
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
Rob Wilkinson

Post by Rob Wilkinson »

CaptD3601 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:48 pm
Another post with snide remarks. Instead of being a VIRTUAL AIRLINE where pilots could perhaps get assistance, those who encounter problems are mocked.
I've been here a long time, this is one of the most helpful forums I've ever been on and folks that ask for help are without fail, accommodated. Those who start a request with a pissed off rant about something that WWA has zero control over...not so much......
WWA2574 - ATP, CE500/501SP/550, AC21, WW24, B727
Scott D. Williams

Sean, thanks for your input. I am going to eventually look at Swift as one of my options.
Scott D.Williams
WWA1404
Vatsim P3