X Plane 11 and FMC's

Everything X-Plane from XP11 to XP12.
WWA138

Re: X Plane 11 and FMC's

Post by WWA138 »

Paul, thanks for the kind words!

One of the attractions to me about WestWind and one of the reasons I've been around for 22+ years now is the relative freedom we have here to fly how, when and where we want to. We can go uber realistic or just keep it super simple.
FS9.1 on Windows 10 64 bit, FS Global Real Weather, REX, AES, FSPassengers
RWP: ATP - CL30, E550, LR45 Types, FE - turbojet, CFI, CFII & MEI
WWA138

Post by WWA138 »

Switching gears to some other things that have come up in this discussion:

FMC/FMS has been such a big part of my real world aviation life for the last 14+ years that it really has in many ways become second nature. Even a long ocean crossing usually doesn't take more than 10-15 minutes to plan and then enter in to the FMS, and sometimes I cheat and export the plan to the sim, load it in the built in flightplanner and then use the FMS load active flight plan feature to load it in to the fms.......real world I benefit from a team of dedicated people in the ops center doing a lot of the planning for me, and if I have an issue a flight planner is a quick phone call away.

I agree with Mark in the need to have available some info on basic flight planning including some available on line resources and some basic FMS/FMC training. I know the payware planes generally have an ops manual and there are instructions and tutorial flights there to help you learn to use the FMS/FMC. I have found that once you have the basics of one particular style of FMS the others are not that I'm not sure what form we could get this in. Ideally for a FMS training or tutorial a video would be the ideal situation.

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, there appears to be an abundance of FMS tutorials on youtube. Maybe we could evaluate those and pick the best ones and provide the links in the training section of the website?
FS9.1 on Windows 10 64 bit, FS Global Real Weather, REX, AES, FSPassengers
RWP: ATP - CL30, E550, LR45 Types, FE - turbojet, CFI, CFII & MEI
Mark Kusiak

Post by Mark Kusiak »

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, there appears to be an abundance of FMS tutorials on YouTube. Maybe we could evaluate those and pick the best ones and provide the links in the training section of the website
I like this idea.

PPL, Single Engine Land, FSX_SE, ASN, REX Soft Clouds, iFly, PMDG, FSCommander
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

In the interest of not reinventing the wheel, there appears to be an abundance of FMS tutorials on youtube. Maybe we could evaluate those and pick the best ones and provide the links in the training section of the website?
I like that Idea also, in fact, have already started sifting through the available resources.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.