Soooo, everyone's thoughts?--Initial MSFS2020

Everything related to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
wwa659

Re: Soooo, everyone's thoughts?--Initial MSFS2020

Post by wwa659 »

The smaller GA aircraft seem pretty good but I find the King Air 350i and Airliners incomplete compared to the C152 and 172.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
wwa752

Post by wwa752 »

Entirely agreed....I think the only aircraft completely and accurately modeled is the C152. Even with that the controls are hyper sensitive and I have all of the joystick sensitivities turned down...-50 or -60 range. The payware aircraft should most likely fix those issues....
Ian S. Crawford, WWA752
Senior Command Captain
WWA3382

Post by WWA3382 »

Flew into Salmon Lake yesterday (sorry, no pics) to test out the new patch and VATSIM. Problems fixed, so at least that's a good thing. I'm not so critical of the default aircraft. They're better than the FSX or P3D default aircraft, so even though they're not the level of some of the payware sims, they're still flyable. There's even at least 1 community upgrade project in process (for the Airbus) so hopefully we'll see some nice updates that make them even better.

As for the sensitivity - I think that's going to get addressed in the next update. It was introduced in the last BETA build and I think there's a plan to fix it already based on what has been posted on the official forums.
Chris Trott, WWA3382
EGLL Hub
Rob Wilkinson

Post by Rob Wilkinson »

I was going to hold out until my new computer build is ready and A2A's Aerostar is ready for the new sim, as none of the default airplanes appeal to me in the least (except maybe the Pitts), but I caved and went ahead with it. I was pleasantly surprised to see that FS2020 runs better on my current system than P3Dv5, which runs better than P3Dv4.5 on my system. I did try the Pitts and noticed in addition to the ultra sensitive controls, that the rudder has some issue causing it to jump around in a segmented kinda way... :? Apparently that's a global issue as well, so waiting on a fix.

I was back to waiting on A2A, but just for the heck of it, took the Citation CJ4 around the patch and was actually quite impressed with it. The incessant yawing and light turbulence action is still there, but wit the heavier airplane it's toned down enough for me until they fix it properly. I know the Proline system is an over simplification of the real thing, but I'm thinking it'll work for me. Now, if only WWA had the airplane in the hangar...maybe time to revisit an often requested hangar realignment on the lower end...another thread...

Overall, I am quite impressed with this sim and really looking forward to the new computer so I can run everything at Ultra settings. I don't think you could possibly go wrong with this sim, even if it didn't have all the bells and whistles from inception, but the fact that it comes out of the box with scenery, weather, multiplayer, etc. built in for the single package price of $80 CAD is quite astounding, really.
WWA2574 - ATP, CE500/501SP/550, AC21, WW24, B727
WWA299

Post by WWA299 »

I've figured out my problems with my flight stick (my problem... not assigning axis), and things seem to work pretty well. Flew to San Juan, 3.3 hours, but couldn't do it all at once. Still, with the new update, the flight cannot be saved and brought up at another time, and still have date in the MRC for the autopilot. Makes the 2nd (3rd....) load of the flight difficult. Overwater, I had to watch skyvector's High Altitude airways chart on the internet, and the intersections shown on the display in the W320, while flying the route, and do some dead reckoning nav. I found that asking for a vector to the next waypoint (ATC [offline] still knew my flight plan) didn't always give me a heading to the proper spot. One time it gave me a heading 180 degrees off. It helped that I did navigating in the Navy. I sent in a request that data be stored in save files that includes the flight plan in the MRC. Wouldn't be so bad if I were flying airways over land and had VOR's to follow. Lots of 300+ legs over water made it interesting, but I DID manage to get to TJSJ.