Using FSX aircraft with P3Dv4.5

Everything P3D from v1 to v5.
paulrunge

Using FSX aircraft with P3Dv4.5

Post by paulrunge »

I understand that the WWA FSX models offered may not be perfectly matched to use with P3D, but many are happily. I have had a problem with the Sound not working. Does anyone have a fix to change the aliasing from default FSX so that it works/defaults to P3D? I have noticed the problem with the 747-8i and 767-300ER as examples. Both fly great (but in silence!!).

Thanks

Paul
Paul Runge
WWA14 (KATL)

Intel Core -i9-13900K CPU@3.0GHz
P3Dv4.5.14.34698
nVidia GeoForce RTX 4090
Dual HP Envy 27" HD/4K
Lotsa ORBX Scenery
Mark Kusiak

Re: Using FSX aircraft with P3Dv4.5

Post by Mark Kusiak »

Be advised, I moved this topic to the simulator platform as the topic is better suited in this forum set. Moved 0730Z / 02/04/2021.

I know that there are some problems with the porting of FSX to P3D dealing with panels for the most part. In FSX, the aircraft I have
installed are pointing back to the B737-800/sound and .../soundai directories All of the files for sound are located in those directories.

All of these are under the SimObjects/Airplanes/ path. Start with the aircraft that is failing on sound and look at the aircraft.cfg
file. Open in a text editor and see what is entered in the [fltsim.#] entries for your simulator. To do this, you must open the file
using "Notepad". Do not change the file unless you feel comfortable in doing it! Look to see what the sound= part of the entry says.
It should be blank. If it is, the default sound directory is the sound directory in this same aircraft file. If not, see if any sound is there.

Sound directories can have either .wav files, a sound.cfg, or both. Directories with just a sound.cfg will most likely point to another
directory somewhere else. Follow the chain back to where it should be. Chances are pretty good that its pointing to a place that
does not exist or does not have the .wav files.

Let us know what you find. It will help us try and figure out how to fix it.

I do know that the SDK for these two simulators are identical in most all respects. I used a P3Dv4.0 SDK with FSX_SE to hack scenery
development capabilities in FSX_SE. FSX_SE is FSX modified and tweaked to deal with memory errors. The P3D SDK works in FSX_SE,
which means that the two simulators are for all intents and purposes the same as far as the file structure is concerned.

PPL, Single Engine Land, FSX_SE, ASN, REX Soft Clouds, iFly, PMDG, FSCommander