FSX FSX_SE and P3D SODE Jetways in GSXv2 and ORBX VECTOR

This forum is for all things simulators. All simulator tips and tricks and everything on how to maintain and tweak will be placed in this forum.
Mark Kusiak

FSX FSX_SE and P3D SODE Jetways in GSXv2 and ORBX VECTOR

Post by Mark Kusiak »

There is a problem with SODE Jetways in both FSX and P3D where jetways will appear "floating" in scenery.

This problem is identified on the ORBX forum as a cross-configuration of SODE jetways in both addons. If you are experiencing the
problem, you must disable SODE Jetways in either the ORBX VECTOR product, or in the GSXv2 configuration tool.

I had the problem and disabled the GSXv2 SODE jetways and the problem went away. The jetways are now back at the correct location
and they appear to work correctly. too.

I'm still playing with the system and need to see what the full impacts are. I will be looking at GSX to see if I can determine
if anything needed was lost.

PPL, Single Engine Land, FSX_SE, ASN, REX Soft Clouds, iFly, PMDG, FSCommander
Mark Kusiak

Re: FSX FSX_SE and P3D SODE Jetways in GSXv2 and ORBX VECTOR

Post by Mark Kusiak »

Unfortunately, disabling GSXv2 looses all the neat stuff done with GSX with support air and other items that GSX put into
the jetway rework. GSXv2 allows you to enable or disable the SODE jetway support, where ORBX loads them by default and
has no way to disable them that I know of.

I have asked if VECTOR can be set up to disable SODE too so that we can pick and choose which one we want without
interference. I'll share the answer when I get it from ORBX. Right now, its GSX disabled or jetways are about 50 ft in the air
in the sim.

Mark Kusiak

Re: FSX FSX_SE and P3D SODE Jetways in GSXv2 and ORBX VECTOR

Post by Mark Kusiak »

Just an update...

I posted a question to the GSX support forum today regarding the issue with GSXv2 and ORBX and await an answer regarding this issue.

GSX has allot of chatter in their forum regarding problems with ORBX. Their seems to be a real large disconnect between the two
developers of these packages. For those of us who have bought both packages, we are kind of stuck and are hoping that they will
be able to figure out the issues involved.

For those who have not bought ORBX or GSX, ORBX being the scenery enhancement, and GSX providing ground services, just be aware
that at the present time there is a big inconsistency in them and they will NOT work nicely together. There is a work-around that has
you disabling GSXv2 SODE jetways at default airports to be able to run ORBX, without your jetways being 50 ft. in the air.

In ORBX, airports can be excluded from altitude adjustment in the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC) utility that is run for scenery when
new scenery is installed. The method is to click on the AEC tab, and under manual configuration, in the left hand box under "ACE is enabled for",
type the ICAO code for the airport to exclude, and ensure that you are pressing the "APPLY" button at the bottom right corner, after pressing
"Disable" to move it to the right box. To reverse the process, enter the ICAO code in the right box and press "Enable" to move it back.
Press the "Apply" button to make the change permanent. Please note that pressing the "Run Auto-Configuration" overrides any settings
and will basically auto-correct every airport in your system. So the Disable/Enable process is only as good as the time between
Auto-Configurations.

ORBX is basically saying that the problem is a GSX issue, but ORBX does not allow manual configuration of their product to allow for
you as the user to select SODE jetway within the Vector product. When SODE jetways are enable in GSX, jetways appear about 50 ft
in the air.