FSInn and SquawkBox3 Issues VATSIM

This forum is for all things simulators. All simulator tips and tricks and everything on how to maintain and tweak will be placed in this forum.
Mark Kusiak

FSInn and SquawkBox3 Issues VATSIM

Post by Mark Kusiak »

VATSIM has made the determination that each of these interface clients for VATSIM are being retired.

Any person who is running FSInn or SquawkBox 3 (SB3) will need to change clients to log into VATSIM going forward.

For those running FS9, it appears that SWIFT will be the only choice available for you. For FSX users, vPilot should be downloaded and installed.

vPilot, once installed, should be run in ADMIN mode, and configured to run as an administrator
to ensure that everything works and runs correctly.

PPL, Single Engine Land, FSX_SE, ASN, REX Soft Clouds, iFly, PMDG, FSCommander
CaptD3601

Re: FSInn and SquawkBox3 Issues VATSIM

Post by CaptD3601 »

OK, So I will make it clear by posting this now

HOW ABOUT A DETAILED FAQ on exactly how to install, and make operational the new voice codec, and how to set it up in step by step detail for FS9/Swift ( as it is the only game in town) and FSX, P3D etc for those pilots.

VATSIM has done nothing to detail how to do it or even how to set things up.

16% of pilots fly FS9,, a detailed step by step FAQ is desperately needed

Also too is anyone working on detailed Westwind information to be used in SWIFT so Westwind Aircraft show up properly?
wwa659

Re: FSInn and SquawkBox3 Issues VATSIM

Post by wwa659 »

CaptD3601 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:05 pm OK, So I will make it clear by posting this now

HOW ABOUT A DETAILED FAQ on exactly how to install, and make operational the new voice codec, and how to set it up in step by step detail for FS9/Swift ( as it is the only game in town) and FSX, P3D etc for those pilots.

VATSIM has done nothing to detail how to do it or even how to set things up.

16% of pilots fly FS9,, a detailed step by step FAQ is desperately needed

Also too is anyone working on detailed Westwind information to be used in SWIFT so Westwind Aircraft show up properly?
You need to have little patients here, I am trying to come up with a guide to use Swift, But swift is still an experimental alpha state and things I wrote last night is already null and void.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.