AI traffic for XP11?

Everything X-Plane from XP11 to XP12.
WWA1103

AI traffic for XP11?

Post by WWA1103 »

I know XP 12 is right down the road but I have so much invested in XP11 I am thinking about adding an AI traffic add on.

Does anyone have a recommendation for one that they use in XP11? Payware or freeware is fine.

Do any have the ability to recreate the WWA fleet?
Karl T
WWA1103
BobSturm

Re: AI traffic for XP11?

Post by BobSturm »

I downloaded a free AI traffic plugin called "LiveTraffic" but disabled it because I was getting too much traffic at some airports, so there was no place to park. Too many scenery designers don't leave enough free paring spots in their airport scenery. I have created my on AI traffic from the X-Plane start menu. For free though, LiveTraffic is decent. As for westwind fleet, someone needs to simply paint the Default AI aircraft. I noticed that when I fly the default 737-800, I see it also as a AI aircraft.

Here is the link to LiveTraffic: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... vetraffic/
ImageSignature_Img-MD11 by Robert Sturm, on Flickr
Bob Sturm -- Sr. Command Capt. +15
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
X-Plane 11/12, ActiveSky-XP, Navigraph Charts
Sr. Master Scenery Designer Award
75,000,000 lb Cargo Award
20 Year Service Award
Computer: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz 6 Core 16GB / NVIDIA GTX-1080
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

I got Traffic Global for X-Plane 11. The only issue I have is that sometimes Pilot2ATC will tell me to go around for aircraft on the runway. It seems like once this happens you can not land because you will get the go-around command for aircraft on the runway every time you come back around. even if there is no aircraft in front of you. So I end up disabling Pilot2ATC and continue to land and taxi in on my own.
P.S. there is also a setting to automatically delete an aircraft in the parking spot or you can do it manually from further out also.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
WWA1103

Post by WWA1103 »

Thank you for the suggestions. I will give them a try.
Karl T
WWA1103
WWA3293

Post by WWA3293 »

With most of the default aircraft now in the hangar (default 747, C90, 737, MD-80, Sikorsky S-76, VisionJet, etc.), you can now add those as AI aircraft for now on main menu as Bob said. Eventually when the workload cools down a bit (both in real life and here at WestWind) I or someone else will get around to painting the Bluebell CSL models so you'll have optimized AI models offline and VATSIM models online.

I know Bob was excited about this earlier, but you should download the WestWind Sikorsky S-76 and run it as an AI helicopter - X Plane actually models AI helicopter behavior. This still isn't implemented in MSFS 2020...
Alex Lu, WWA3293
KLAX Hub
BobSturm

Post by BobSturm »

A couple weeks ago I purchased World Traffic (WT3) for my AI aircraft. I got tired of seeing the X-Plane AI traffic behavior on the ground. They didn't always follow the designated taxi routes and instead of using pushback at gates, they just turned around and taxied through the jetways and terminals. WT3 aircraft are much more realistic and fly real world routes including SIDs and STARS.
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
20 Year Service Award
wwa659

Post by wwa659 »

I go World Traffic 3 a while back It seem to be a pain to set up each flight and I soon got tired of the extra steps required for each flight. However, Traffic Global was a one-install and done I did not have to set up ai traffic for each flight but the downside is cant really use Westwind repaints for ai traffic at this time but I think that may change sometime down the road.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
BobSturm

Post by BobSturm »

wwa659 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:00 am I go World Traffic 3 a while back It seem to be a pain to set up each flight and I soon got tired of the extra steps required for each flight. However, Traffic Global was a one-install and done I did not have to set up ai traffic for each flight but the downside is cant really use Westwind repaints for ai traffic at this time but I think that may change sometime down the road.
You are right about having to set up the flights beforehand, but the price difference was the deciding factor for me.
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
20 Year Service Award