Rotate MD-11 Released today!

Everything X-Plane from XP11 to XP12.
BobSturm

Rotate MD-11 Released today!

Post by BobSturm »

Rotate officially released the MD-11 today. It is available at the x-plane.org store. Here is a detailed review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkrKEPOfK4

I may have to get this one, just have to figure out how I will get $83.
ImageSignature_Img-MD11 by Robert Sturm, on Flickr
Bob Sturm -- Sr. Command Capt. +15
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
X-Plane 11/12, ActiveSky-XP, Navigraph Charts
Sr. Master Scenery Designer Award
75,000,000 lb Cargo Award
20 Year Service Award
Computer: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz 6 Core 16GB / NVIDIA GTX-1080
WWA3382

Re: Rotate MD-11 Released today!

Post by WWA3382 »

Having watched Mike Bergman (aka Moosestaffa) and 757Spy fly the MD-11, I'd say save your money for now. It has some *MAJOR* issues with it. Until they fix those, it ain't worth the money.
Chris Trott, WWA3382
EGLL Hub
BobSturm

Post by BobSturm »

I don't jump right into anything brand new. I watch the X-Plane forum almost every day to see how the different aircraft perform/improve. The review I posted was from Q8 Pilot. He is the main one I rely on, and always check with before acquiring any aircraft. Were Bergman and SpyFly flying the Beta version?
ImageSignature_Img-MD11 by Robert Sturm, on Flickr
Bob Sturm -- Sr. Command Capt. +15
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
X-Plane 11/12, ActiveSky-XP, Navigraph Charts
Sr. Master Scenery Designer Award
75,000,000 lb Cargo Award
20 Year Service Award
Computer: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz 6 Core 16GB / NVIDIA GTX-1080
WWA3382

Post by WWA3382 »

No, they were flying the release version. It's got basic issues like it won't turn left through 360/000 (i.e. if you want to go from 010 -> 350, it will *always* try to turn right). It has wierd CTDs like if you open the windows and then try to close them after starting engines or something similar (I don't remember exactly what it was, but apparently several streamers have reproduced it). The MCP and displays have mode issues (like not properly showing engaged modes, not engaging modes as they should). The MCP also has an issue with very small click boxes because there's 3 functions on most of the knobs and all 3 use the same click to operate. There's also the fact that you can seemingly set the right MAC and then stall, even when 3000-5000 feet below the max cruise altitude. Mike had that happen on his FNO stream the other night. Cruising at FL370 then suddenly stalling, but at FL350 he was fine. The FMC was showing FL430 as max and he was definitely light on fuel, so he shouldn't have had any issues at FL350. He also had issues on landing with the autopilot not being very stable and that leading to an unstable manual portion and having to go around.

It's stuff that should've been covered and fixed in the BETA period but apparently not.
Chris Trott, WWA3382
EGLL Hub