WestWind Custom Scenery in X-Plane 12

Everything X-Plane from XP11 to XP12.
BobSturm

WestWind Custom Scenery in X-Plane 12

Post by BobSturm »

I have been following the posts on the X-Plane Forum regarding scenery compatibility with XP12. As it stands right now, the scenery I did for WestWind works with XP12 (at least the ones I have been able to test). All of the custom work I have done uses the latest Laminar Research airports from the Scenery Gateway. In some cases I have used a few scenery objects from the "opensceneryX" library, but most objects are default. LRs goal is to maintain compatibility with scenery designed for XP11 (not to include third party scenery). The only expected issues with third part objects have to do with textures where they involve seasonal changes. Default objects will change with seasons (if applicable) whereas third party odjects may not.

However, keep in mind that XP12 is currently in beta. With that said, I am seeing some reports of some minor scenery issues with Beta 10, which was just released. These are legitimate bugs and should be fixed at some point. LRs advice is not to try to fix any custom scenery issues during beta. For those of you using WWVA custom scenery in XP12, I would appreciate you reporting them to me, just for the record, but I will not be making any fixes until after the final release of XP12 (if any are needed)
ImageSignature_Img-MD11 by Robert Sturm, on Flickr
Bob Sturm -- Sr. Command Capt. +15
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
X-Plane 11/12, ActiveSky-XP, Navigraph Charts
Sr. Master Scenery Designer Award
75,000,000 lb Cargo Award
20 Year Service Award
Computer: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz 6 Core 16GB / NVIDIA GTX-1080
wwa659

Re: WestWind Custom Scenery in X-Plane 12

Post by wwa659 »

Beta 11 was also released just a few hours after Beta 10.
X-Plane 12, MSFS 2020, VATSIM-P1, Pilot2ATC, Air Hauler 2(Westwind Air Hauler 2 VA owner), A Pilots Life, Active Sky XP, TDFI PACX, Real World Private Pilot.
BobSturm

Re: WestWind Custom Scenery in X-Plane 12

Post by BobSturm »

wwa659 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 pm Beta 11 was also released just a few hours after Beta 10.
I'm still using Beta 8. I have been monitoring the forum to see reports for each Beta before I update. I didn't go to 10 because it didn't like the reports. 8 has not been too bad. I'll check out 11 this weekend.
ImageSignature_Img-MD11 by Robert Sturm, on Flickr
Bob Sturm -- Sr. Command Capt. +15
V.P. Scenery Development
Hub Manager WSSS
X-Plane 11/12, ActiveSky-XP, Navigraph Charts
Sr. Master Scenery Designer Award
75,000,000 lb Cargo Award
20 Year Service Award
Computer: Intel i7-8700k 3.7GHz 6 Core 16GB / NVIDIA GTX-1080